From Bergerac Airport
We are approximately 40 minutes from Bergerac Airport.
- Come out of the airport road and turn right.
- After 1 km take a right at the roundabout on to the ring road towards Creysse and Cours de Pile.
- After 2 kms approx. go straight over the 2nd roundabout, keeping McDonalds and Intermarche (supermarket) on your left, after 1 km at the 3rd roundabout turn left and immediately you are at your 4th roundabout, take a the sharp right signed for St. Alvere (D32).
- Follow this road for approx. 20 minutes, into St. Alvere, and go straight through the town taking the road signed for Rouffignac.
- After another 10 minutes, you will go past Jacquou Parc on your left and you will be at a crossroads.
- Go straight over the crossroads and drive for another 5 minutess until you go under a viaduct.
- Take a left under the viaduct and you are now on the Sarlat to Perigueux road D47.
- In 30 seconds you will pass a sign for Rouffignac on your right do not take it, the lane for the Forge is the next on your right a further 30 seconds later, with a carpenters yard on your left.
- Look for a signpost marked “Forge Neuve/Moulin Haut”.
- The Forge is 1.2 km up the lane on your right hand side, easily identifiable by large iron entrance gates.
We are approximately 25 minutes from the Autoroute, Perigueux Est exit. Please follow these directions to find us:
- Take the exit for Pérgueux (Est), (there are 3, so be careful do not take the Perigueux ouest or centre).
- Follow signs to Sarlat (D 710).
- After approximately 15 minutes, you will pass through La Douze. Once you are through La Douze, take the left turn (D47) to Les Eyzies – Sarlat.
- After roughly 7 minutes, you will pass through St. Felix de Reillac. This is the last small village you will pass through before turning off the D47. After passing through St. Felix, a fishing etang (lake) with holiday cabins on your left, 2 kms later you will reach the bottom of the hill and the turn for the Forge Neuve/Chateau Forge du Roy is the small lane on the left opposite a carpenter’s yard/shed.
- The small lane is signed Forge Neuve/Moulin Haut and the Chateau is 1.2 kms up the lane on your right with easily identifiable iron gates.